Sunday, September 2, 2007

God Was Looking Out For Me

It was ten years ago this weekend that I found my house in the country. It wasn't a big house, but as soon as we walked in I knew it was the right place. I'm not, or perhaps am no longer, a religious person, but I always felt that God knew that this was important.

I grew to love the beach later in life...it was always a drag as a city kid driving to the beach in an unairconditioned car, getting way burned, then driving back home sticky and sandy. But She grew up in a beachfront community, and after a long period of time I figured it all out, and now I say I'm a slut for the beach, and will do almost anything to get here.

My view of a supreme being is much like the Janitor in Steambath...he pops in occaisionally to do things on a random basis and then leaves, not full time hands on. My sense is that I got lucky here, and will always think about it in terms of divine intervention.

Earworm-Stephane Grappeli, Always (the Stevie Wonder song)

No comments: