Thursday, May 28, 2009

"Oh Lord, Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"

I'm usually fairly precise and direct in both my speech patterns and my thought patterns, and so the following two misunderstandings gave me great smiles:
At dinner on Tuesday, viviane mentioned that she had had a house guest visiting her last weekend to keep her cat company while she was away at Shibaricon. I asked who stayed at her apartment, and she replied, "Midori." I said that I was surprised that she knew the violinist on a personal basis,and then we both laughed, because it wasn't that Midori at all, but this one http://fd-midori.livejournal.com/.
I opened the NY Times business section this morning, and on page 7 (the right hand, more looked at page) was a half page vertical ad, with large copy, that said "She Likes To Watch." You know where my mind went...not that She likes to watch.

No comments: