Monday, September 15, 2008

Saving Grace

My good friend Jack and his wife know that I fall in love every day, both from afar and from up close. A couple of years ago, I fell in love with Holly Hunter on Saving Grace, a show currently on hiatus until next spring. She's tough, she's soft, she laughs and cries and seizes life with both hands, holding on for the ride of her life. She loves hard and returns love even harder. Here's her creed:

I want to bust the world wide open the way you do when you're filled with you. I want to engage with people and friends...I want to be physical and I want to ask the big questions. I want to tast the taste and fix the problems...I want to run headlong into chaos and bad guys and darkness and pranks and fun, and laugh laugh laugh. I want to best the best friend and I want to be the greatest aunt and the most complicated daughter.
I want to be the mystery in the room, and I want to be known.

No comments: